I Want to Become Catholic
While the Catholic Church is the largest religion in the world, it is sometimes also the most misunderstood.
The beliefs of the Catholic Church and her beautiful teachings are consistent through the ages.
- We believe that human beings were created by God in love and that everything God creates is good and created out of love. While we have the capacity for sin, the Church believes in the dignity of the human person above all else.
- We also believe that goodness infuses all of God’s wondrous creation. All creation, made by God, reflects that goodness. Catholics see the world and its beauty, renewed by the Incarnation, as sacramental – speaking of God’s goodness and love.
- We believe in stewardship. Everything is given to us by God and our Catholic responsibility is to share our time, talent and treasure with those around us.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, that God has revealed himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit – a communion of knowledge and love – has created us to share in that life.
- We believe in community and a living Church – believers are a part of the living Body of Christ and, as such, we are a reflection of the communal nature of the Trinity.
- We believe that God loved his creation so much that he became human in the person of Jesus to walk among us.
- We believe in the communion of the saints – models of faith who help us and guide us in our daily lives.
- We believe in Jesus’ crucifixion, death and resurrection, and we hope that one day we will rise to new life with him.
Becoming Catholic today means joining an ancient faith, deeply rooted in the teachings and traditions of Christ, that is filled with hope and vibrancy as we continue to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all the ends of the earth.
Are you searching for God?
Have you put your faith “in storage” only taking it out when needed? Is you faith brand new and needs direction? Have you been away from church for a while and wondering how it has changed? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, perhaps RCIA is for you! RCIA is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. This is a process for adults and children, over the age of 7, who are:
- Baptized in another denomination but considering joining the Catholic faith
- Baptized Catholics who have not received the Sacraments of Confirmation and First Eucharist.
Please join us for this wonderful faith journey! Take the FIRST step now! We promise you won't ever look back! For more information, please call or email Ann Rogers: Ph: 248-698-3100 x 222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to welcome you home!