- COVID-19 Guidelines for Mass
COVID-19 Guidelines for Mass
Welcome Back!!! We are so excited to see you again!
The health and safety of our parishioners is our top priority as we welcome you back to in-person Mass with heightened safety measures in place. We are only filling the church to 25% of our normal capacity, which is about 250 people. There are also overflow areas in the event that we exceed our 25% capacity. Mass will look different, but coming to the House of the Lord is always joyful! May we rejoice in gathering again and thank God for all His blessings!
Due to various restrictions, we have a short check-list for returning to Mass:
- Come to Mass early as it may take a little longer than usual to get seated.
- Park as you normally would and follow the signs for available entrances. In an effort to maintain social distancing some entrances will be closed.
- Wear a face covering. Once you exit your vehicle, everyone age 3-years-old and up should wear a face covering for the entirety of the Mass. The only exception is when receiving the Eucharist.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
- Please take sanitizing wipes from the entrances to wipe down the area where you will sit before and after Mass. (Note: this is a precaution, the Church is cleaned/sanitized after every Mass.)
- Wait for a greeter/usher to direct you where to sit.
- Please be patient. This is new for all of us and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these new precautions.
- Stay seated at the end of Mass. Each row will be dismissed individually by an usher (think about how a Wedding or airplane is dismissed).
- Don't worry! If you make a mistake, it's okay! We are all learning together, so don't worry about errors!
- Don't expect the Blood of Christ. We will be distributing only the Body of Christ at Mass. This will remain in place until further notice.
- Don't take your mask off. The ONLY time to take your mask off is right before your are to receive the Eucharist.
- Don't come to Mass if you are feeling ill. Please stay home and get better.
*If you are over age 65 or have a compromised immune system: We always welcome ALL to the Church, but if you are in this age group or have other risk factors for COVID-19, please follow the CDC guidelines for safe social engagement. The Archbishop has given dispensation until November 23, 2020. Your safety is number one. If you feel uncomfortable coming to Mass, please stay home and watch Mass online on YouTube or Facebook.
Update from May 12, 2020
Today, Archbishop Vigneron, provided directive and guidelines for resumption of all public Masses. There are many factors and protocol that are being instituted for the resumption of Mass. Click here for the Directives for Resumption of Public Masses and watch this video created by the Archdiocese of Detroit to see what you can expect on your return to Mass.
Please click here for COVID-19 recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions of the Faithful (provided by AOD)
If you have any questions, please contact the Parish Office at 248-698-3100.